Real Madrid have compiled 954 days worth of injuries this season
19 of Real Madrid's players have suffered 33 injuries with tests on Ronaldo to come while Bale and Casemiro remain the only two out longer than 50 days with their respective injuries.
The stretch of games between December and January have started to put a serious dent in Real Madrid's squad. After the final of the Club World Cup, James, Pepe, Lucas Vazquez, Marcelo, Isco, Carvajal, Modric and Marcelo have suffered various muscular injuries. Danilo, another one on the list, is suffering from some discomfort and Coentrao alternates his time between the gym and full training despite the fact that there is no official statement on his injury.
Real Madrid lured Antonio Pintus from Lyon this summer and he changed the trend of muscular injuries in the squad. After a decent start to the season, reduced only to impact injuries, the bulk of Real's most recent ailments have now been muscular.
Things not going to plan
The technical body at the club was clear in it's plan to prevent injuries and fatigue in January. They would hold a mini-preseason at the end of December, rotate a lot and enter February with a clean bill of health and peak fitness. That plan has not gone according to plan.
Madrid have accumulated 33 injuries spread around 19 players and have massed 954 days on the treatment table. Only Casilla, Ruben Yáñez (third choice goalkeeper), Nacho, Mariano and Marco Asensio have been available for Zidane in every game possible. Carvajal was in this group but injured himself last Tuesday.
Within that problem of injuries, Madrid have also been relatively lucky in that none of the injuries were long term. Only Casemiro and Bale have surpassed 50 days out injured and it still remains to be seen how long the Welshman will remain out for.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- Cowboys' Cooper 'not feeling the best' ahead of Saints game
- NFL Will Packers' Aaron Rodgers have surgery on injured toe?
- NFL How many members of the Dallas Cowboys got infected with covid? How long will they be out?