Lazio and Argentina midfielder Lucas Biglia has rejected a contract extension at the Serie A side, leading to speculation in Italy that he is eyeing a summer move.
La Liga on alert
La República reported on Monday that there is significant interest in the international, who has 48 caps for his country, with Atlético Madrid, Celta, Sevilla and Valencia leading the queue for the 30-year-old. Atalanta are also keeping an eye on developments.
Biglia available on a free in June
Biglia has been linked with a move to Atlético before, with Diego Simeone a big fan of his compatriot due to his ability to play in central midfield or in a more defensive role. If Biglia is not swayed to sign a new Lazio deal he will be a free agent in the summer and his salary of around three million euros a year will not be a huge issue for Atlético.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Parents charged after Michigan school shooting: what is involuntary manslaughter?
- NFL What are the most common injuries in NFL?
- SOCCER Real Madrid: Ancelotti encourages Mbappé to follow his dreams
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale close to making Real Madrid return
- BARCELONA Barcelona hoping to offload Samuel Umtiti in January
- NBA Jordan, Shaq, Harden... The players who led to NBA rule changes