Barça's Busquets avoids serious injury after Escalante tackle
Barcelona have confirmed the extent of Sunday's injury to Sergio Busquets, who was forced off by a foul by EIbar's Gonzalo Escalante.
Sergio Busquets is expected to be out for around 10-15 days after Barcelona confirmed that the midfielder suffered an ankle sprain against Eibar.
Injured by brutal Escalante tackle
However, initial fears over a more serious injury were quelled by a scan on Monday, which revealed "a sprained external lateral ligament in his right ankle".
The 28-year-old Spain international is in line to miss three games, rising to four if Barça make it though to the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey.
GAMES BUSQUET IS SET TO MISS
Copa del Rey: Quarter-final second leg against Real Sociedad (26 January) and, if Barça qualify, the semi-final first leg (1 February).
LaLiga: Real Betis (29 January), Athletic Club (4 February).
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy