Messi opens the fine wine for his mum's birthday
Barcelona star Leo Messi went to town for his mum Celia's 57th birthday, opening a couple of bottles of the famous Vega Sicilia "Único" red wine from the north of Spain.
Messi shows exquisite taste with Vega-Sicilia wine
Barcelona star Leo Messi splashed out for his mum Celia's 57th birthday, opening a couple of bottles of Vega-Sicilia's legendary "Único" wine.
The Barcelona player, who celebrated the event with his family, including his two children, uncorked a 1960 and a 1987 vintage of the wine, from the Ribera del Duero region in the north of Spain.
Vega-Sicilia "Único": Spain's greatest wine
Often called Spain's "greatest wine", it's as silky smooth on the palate as Messi caressing a football with his instep, but with all the punch and precision of one of the striker's net-busting free-kicks into the top corner.
Vega-Sicilia: not cheap
If you're heading out to get a couple of bottles, expect to pay around 500 euros or more for the 1960 or 1987 vintages, while the more recent years will set you back around 250 euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'