Atlético Madrid want Carvalho or Weigl to reinforce midfield
The Sporting Lisbon star, who is perennially linked with a move, and the Borussia Dortmund youngster are on Diego Simeone's wishlist.
Atlético Madrid are continuing their search for reinforcements for next season and according to reports in Portugal Diego Simeone is planning a bid for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho.
Julian Weigl in demand
A Bola ran a story on Tuesday stating that Atlético are also interested in Borussia Dortmund linchpin Julian Weigl, who at just 21 has become of the pillars of Thomas Tuchel’s side.
Simeone is keen to bring in some extra steel to his midfield and to provide support for Gabi and Tiago. The Atlético boss can also expect to have Augusto Fernández back in action next season. The main stumbling blocks to any deal for Carvalho and Weigl are competition from the Premier League and Serie A – A Bola noted that Liverpool are also interested in the Portugal international – and whether Fifa will permit Atlético to make signings next summer.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS School shooting in Oxford, Michigan: what are the gun laws in the state?
- CORONAVIRUS Omicorn: global tracking of new covid-19 variant
- US NEWS Is the federal government going to shut down?
- NFL Who are the most hated NFL teams?
- NBA LeBron James was put in COVID protocol, but is he vaccinated?
- NBA Suns outshine Warriors and Curry accepts responsibility