Bolt and Greene clean but too many top sprinters found doping
After news that Jamaican, Nesta Carter, had used a banned substance in the Beijing Olympics, meaning Bolt and co had their gold medals removed, we look at the sad trend.
Not a level running track
Six of the eight fastest ever men to run 100 meters have been found guilty of breaking the rules on banned substances. This is the sad state of affairs we find ourselves with as new evidence came to light that Nesta Carter, clocked as the sixth fastest ever, had tested positive at the time of the Beijing Olympic Games.
This news came with the realisation for Usain Bolt and the rest of the Jamaican relay team that the gold medals they proudly won in the Olympic Games of 2008 would be taken off them as per the IOC disciplinary rules.
Bolt and Greene stay clean
Of the eight sprinters only Usain Bolt, the fastest man ever to take to the track, and Maurice Greene from the United States have not been tarnished with the doping brush. The others who have are Tyson Gay (USA), Johan Blake (JAM), Asafa Powell (JAM), Justin Gatlin (USA) and then the most recent, Nesta Carter (JAM).
Fastest 100m sprinters of all time
- 9.58 Usain Bolt (JAM) Berlin 16.08.2009
- 9.69 Tyson Gay (USA) Shanghai 20.09.2009
- 9.69 Yohan Blake (JAM) Lausana 23.08.2012
- 9.72 Asafa Powell (JAM) Lausana 02.09.2008
- 9.74 Justin Gatlin (USA) Doha 15.05.2015
- 9.78 Nesta Carter (JAM) Rieti 29.08.2010
- 9.79 Maurice Greene (USA) Athens 16.06.1999
- 9.80 Steve Mullings (JAM) Eugene 04.06.2011
- 9.82 Richard Thompson (TTO) P.España 21.06.2014
- 9.84 Donovan Bailey (CAN) Atlanta 27.07.1996
- 9.84 Bruny Surin (CAN) Seville 22.08.1999
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother