Sevilla, Villarreal and Inter keeping tabs on Gio Simeone
Inter Milan are also credited with an interest in Diego Simeone's son, who is catching the eye in Serie A with Genoa.
Gio Simeone, the son of Atlético Madrid coach Diego, has been gaining plaudits for his performances for Genoa in Serie A this season, where he has banged in eight goals in 19 league games.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport there are several clubs interested in signing the 21-year-old, with Sevilla and Villarreal said to be heading up the queue for a summer bid.
Inter also considering bid
La Gazzetta also state that Inter Milan have targeted the prolific Argentina under-20 international (10 goals in 12 games) and have sent scouts to watch Simeone on several occasions.
Almost inevitable, the daily also mentions Atlético Madrid as a potential destination, but if the rumours of Inter’s interest are genuine it could prove to be an interesting move given that Simeone Sr. has signalled his intention to one day return to coach the Nerazzurri.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers