Real Madrid's Morata responds to recent speculation on his future
After comments made on Spanish TV show 'El Larguero' about him leaving Los Blancos, the striker posted a message on Instagram saying, "They say what they say".
Real Madrid striker Álvaro Morata has taken to social media to defend himself following claims on Spanish TV show 'El Larguero' that he had advised his agent to start looking for a new club for him due to not being given enough playing time under manager, Zinedine Zidane.
Responding to the rumours and critics
The TV host Manu Carreño stated that three clubs in particular were likely destinations for the Spaniard after showing an interest, namely Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus. The Serie A giants were the club that sold Morata to Los Blancos last summer.
On Instagram the player, who has played in 18 matches this season but is getting fewer and fewer minutes on the pitch, posted a photo of him and teammate Isco with the comment:
"No matter what they say #halamadrid forever! This is Madrid and we ALL keep going to the death! With my brother @iscoalarcon in today's training!"
Looking for his chance to shine
The player is not going through his best moment at the Bernabéu and since starting against Sevilla on 12 January (the game that ended 3-3) has been a substitute in the four games since. What may run in his favour is that the results, and performances of others in his preferred position, have been less than desired.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises