Thomas Partey's excellent performances at the recent Africa Cup of Nations didn't go unnoticed in England. Two clubs, West Ham and Middlesbrough are interested in taking the Atlético de Madrid midfielder to the Premier League next season, according to reports in Ghana.
Three years to run on contract
The 23-year-old is under contract at Atlético until June 2020 and his buy-out clause has been set at 24 million euros. Thomas has enjoyed scant playing time this season - just 242 minutes in total, over eight games - four in LaLiga, two in the Copa del Rey and two in the Champions League. With Ghana however, he has clocked almost double that - after reaching the semi-finals of the Africa Cup of Nations. The midfielder has shown his versatility by being able to comfortably switch between a holding midfield position to a playmaker role and has impressed in both positions.
Solution in midfield
While Atlético have been left unable to sign during the winter transfer window due to the FIFA transfer ban, Diego Simeone prohibited any departures. And the Atleti coach would be even more loath to let Thomas go now with Augusto and Tiago both out injured.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 11 de febrero de 2017
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?