Vasco da Gama sign Luis Fabiano
Former Brazil, Sevilla and Sao Paulo striker Luis Fabiano has joined Vasco da Gama at the age of 36.
Vasco da Gama have completed the signing of former Brazil international Luis Fabiano from Chinese club Tianjin Quanjian.
The 36-year-old striker, who enjoyed successful spells at Sevilla and Sao Paulo before his move to China, has become Vasco's eighth new signing ahead of Brazil's new Serie A season.
OFICIAL || Luis Fabiano cerró un acuerdo por los próximos dos años con el Vasco da Gama, llega del Tianjin Quanjian pic.twitter.com/nmK4fYeweq— Loco X El Fútbol (@locoxelfutbolGT) February 17, 2017
Fabiano has been a prolific goalscorer for clubs in Europe and South America during his 19-year career, finding the net more than 200 times in three spells at Sao Paulo and scoring 72 goals in 149 LaLiga appearances for Sevilla, where he was twice a UEFA Cup winner.
The powerful forward also scored 28 goals in 45 appearances for Brazil between 2003 and 2013, winning the Copa America in 2004 and Confederations Cup in 2009.
During a one-year spell in China, Fabiano scored 23 goals to help Tianjin Quanjin earn promotion to the Chinese Super League.
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view