Luis Enrique brushes off criticism and slams press "exaggerations"
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique says that criticism after his side’s 4-0 Champions League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday has had “zero effect” and slammed press "exaggerations"
- Follow the coverage match Barcelona-Leganés live
FC Barcelona coach Luis Enrique says that criticism after his side’s 4-0 Champions League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday has had “zero effect” on him.
Nevertheless, Sunday's LaLiga game at the Camp Nou against Leganes (20:45 CET) will serve as a test to see how Barcelona react "in the face of a difficult situation", Enrique added.
"The critics have zero effect on me, because if they did I wouldn’t have been in this position for almost three years," said the under-pressure Barça coach.
“I am not interested in what [critics] say, we are the first ones to be self-critical and those who try to find solutions. Fortunately, there is distance between you journalists and me," he told a news conference. "I don’t go anywhere near a television or a radio, not even when drunk."
"This is a world of exaggeration"
Enrique, who is out of contract at the end of the season, also downplayed the "exaggerations" in the press following Barcelona’s loss in Paris.
"This is a world of exaggeration, I think things are neither black nor white, and that there are many nuances,” he said.
“We are still going in three competitions, in one we are a bit compromised, but in the other two we are more than alive. We’re second in the league and in the other [the Copa del Rey] we’re in the final.
“This is for the optimists, for the pessimists, I won’t say anything."
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online