Morata, Isco and Lucas start as Zidane makes seven changes
Zidane starts with: Casilla; Carvajal, Pepe, Varane, Nacho; Kovacic, Kroos, Isco; Lucas Vázquez, Morata and Cristiano for the game vs. Espanyol.
Zinedine Zidane rings the changes for the home LaLiga Santander game against Espanyol with seven amendments form the side that saw off Napoli in Wednesday's Champions League Round of 16 first leg tie at the Bernabeu.
Keylor Navas, Modric and Benzema are all omitted from the squad as Kiko Casilla, Kovacic and Morata take their place.
Zidane has also decided to rest Marcelo and Casemiro with Pepe (who played at the end of Wednesday's game) back in the heart of the Madrid defence. Upfront, Morata will be joined by Lucas Vázquez and both players will form an attacking trident with Cristiano Ronaldo. Gareth Bale will start on the bench and may get some late playing time some 88 days since sustaining a serious ankle injury.
Real Madrid XI v Espanyol:
Casilla; Carvajal, Pepe, Varane, Nacho; Kovacic, Kroos, Isco; Lucas Vázquez, Morata and Cristiano.
Diego López; Diego Reyes, David López, Ó. Duarte, Aarón; fuego, Diop; Jurado, Reyes, Piatti; Gerard.
Undiano Mallenco is today's match official and you can follow the game live here.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team