Oblak hands Atletico fitness boost ahead of Leverkusen trip
The goalkeeper has recovered from shoulder surgery after suffering a dislocation in December and has been given the green light to play in Atletico's Champions League game with Bayer Leverkusen on Tuesday
- Follow the coverage match Leverkusen vs Atletico
Jan Oblak has been passed fit to play against Bayern Leverkusen in the Champions League 2nd Round 1st leg at the BayArena on Tuesday after recovering from a shoulder injury.
Oblak ready to return
The Slovenian stopper dislocated his shoulder on 12 December 2016 during the 3-0 away loss to Villarreal, requiring the 24-year old to undergo an operation.
Spanish keeper Miguel Angel Moya has deputised for the absent Oblak in the team’s 16 official matches since then, however the club confirmed on Sunday that their number one is ready to return to action.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash