SeePuertoRico.com unable to fulfil cost as main Sevilla sponsor
The Puerto Rico tourist board complained that the financial crisis the Caribbean island is undergoing as the principal reason for the decision.Real Madrid-Sevilla live: LaLiga
Follow the Sevilla vs Leicetser coverage online
Eagle eyed LaLiga fans will have noticed that Sevilla FC playing shirts are now free of frontal advertising after main club sponsor SeePuertoRico.Com informed the Andalusian club that they could no longer afford the seven million euro per season fee to be the club's main sponsor.
The tourist board for the Caribbean island originally signed a two season deal with Sevilla but were forced to confirm to the club that due to the ongoing financial crisis in the country they were unable to fulfil the financial obligation originally agreed by both sides. The logo for the tourist board now appears on the rear of the Sevilla playing shirt below the player's squad numbers.
In a communique the club stated that they are "working actively to secure a sponsorship deal that will keep us competitive in a global market"
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues