Diego Simeone's continuity at Atlético doesn't depend on whether the team qualifies for the Champions League, or where they finish in the league table. The coach, who is under contract with Atlético until 2018, has already confirmed to club directors that he will continue at the helm next season - an historic moment for the club who move to their new stadium the Wanda Metropolitano. Atlético's technical department are working with Simeone and Andrea Berta in the process of confecting the squad for the 2017-18 season, bearing in mind the possibility that club may be able to sign players in the next transfer window.
Atlético and the FIFA transfer ban
Atlético are considering two possible scenarios - one in which they will be able to sign players this summer, and one in which they won't. And Simeone is being kept up-to-date with all of the movements which the club are involved in which another reason why no one is in any doubt that El Cholo will be at Atleti next term. The objective is for the team to finish third in the table, or if not, fourth.
Atlético's pre-season plans
A hypothetical fourth-place finish wouldn't alter Atlético's pre-season plans. The club is plotting the 2017 summer tour in which there are two options on the table: the United States and Mexico, or Asia. The latter looks more likely due to Atlético's connections with strategic partner, Wanda. The idea is to plan the tour for late July - before the Champions League Play-Off dates in August.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 28 de febrero de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands