Iago Aspas has emerged as a possible target for Atlético Madrid if Antoine Griezmann leaves for the Premier League this summer with Manchester United interested in securing the France striker’s services.
Simeone planning for 2017-18
Diego Simeone has all but confirmed he will remain at the Calderón next season and the Argentinean has already started planning for 2017-18. Simeone has drawn up a shortlist of potential replacements for Griezmann and in-form Celta striker Iago Aspas, whose scoring prowess for his club earned him a first Spain call-up last December, has emerged as a target.
Cavani and Costa too costly
A move for former Calderón favourite Diego Costa or PSG striker Edinson Cavani will probably be beyond Atlético’s financial means and the club is also monitoring the situation of former Depor striker Lucas Pérez at Arsenal, where the 28-year-old has found his chances limited this season and is angling for a return to LaLiga.
Sevilla and Spain forward Vitolo is another name on Simeone’s list to reinforce the midfield. Atlético players Luciano Vietto and Matías Kranevitter are on loan at Sevilla and could be used as makeweights in any deal for Vitolo.
Semi-final of the FA Cup between: Chelsea vs Manchester United
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises