Leo Messi scores in 500th Barcelona start against Sporting
The Argentinean has now made his 500th official game for Barcelona in all competitions, scoring 457 goals. Wednesday was his 326th Liga appearance.
Luis Enrique knew he couldn't afford to take any chances even as strong favourites against Sporting Gijón in Camp Nou on Wednesday night, and has chosen Leo Messi to make his 500th starting appearance in official competitions for the club. And it took just eight minutes for him to mark the occasion with a goal.
Messi's half-thousand for Barça
Since his debut in 2004, Messi has now played from the start in 326 Liga fixtures, scoring 313 goals, as well as 50 Copa del Rey starts (36 goals), 103 in the Champions League (89 goals) and 17 in Spanish and European Supercups as well as a handful in the Club World Cup, racking up 456 goals in 499 game for the club.
Messi one yellow away from suspension
Messi will have to be careful against Sporting and Luis Enrique may well decide to bring him off early if the game is going Barcelona’s way: the Argentinean is on four cautions in LaLiga and if his name finds his way into the referee’s book he will be suspended for the visit of Celta to Camp Nou on Saturday, a team that always revels in making life difficult for the reigning champions.
Follow the match LaLiga 2016/2017 date 26 : Barcelona –Celta.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 1 de marzo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"