Navas matches total conceded goals from 2015-16 season
The Real Madrid keeper has failed to hit the same heights as last season after a knee injury and has already shipped 31 goals in 25 games.
Keylor Navas has been going through a rough patch of form and is increasingly under the microscope at Real Madrid after a series of games where he has beaten on several occasions. The Costa Rican matched his entire total of goals conceded in the 2015-16 in the 3-3 draw with Las Palmas, reaching a figure of 31 in 25 games, 20 fewer matches than it took opposition sides last season to get past him the same number of times.
Navas goals-per-game average almost double
Navas’ record last season was 0.68 goals conceded on average but this season that figure has spiked to 1.24 goals per game. While it is the fault of the team as a whole that Madrid are conceding more goals, Navas is not providing the same level of guarantee at the back as he did last year and has made high-profile mistakes in matches against Sevilla, Napoli, Valencia and Las Palmas in recent weeks.
Real’s clean sheets totals have also suffered considerably this season. Over the course of 2015-16 Navas kept 22 clean sheets in all competitions and conceded in 23. This campaign, Navas has fished the ball from his net 20 times already and kept only five clean sheets.
More shots going in against Real Madrid
The Real keeper is also making fewer saves as the season progresses. Until week 12 of Liga action he was the second-ranked stopper in terms of shots saved with 80 percent. Now, he has slipped to 10th and is only stopping 68 percent of shots faced.
Follow the match LaLiga 2016/2017 date 26 : Eibar – Real Madrid.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery