Griezmann marks 100th Atlético LaLiga appearance with brace
Antoine Griezmann celebrated a milestone outing in the colours of Atlético Madrid by bagging a double in a 3-0 league win over Valencia.
Antoine Griezmann celebrated reaching 100 LaLiga appearances for Atlético Madrid with a fine double in his side's 3-0 victory over Valencia on Sunday.
55th and 56th league goals for Atlético
In the 10th minute at the Calderón, the striker opened the scoring when he exchanged passes with Koke and rifled a low left-footed shot into the corner.
Kevin Gameiro then fired Atlético 2-0 up with a deflected effort shortly after the break, before Griezmann poked in with eight minutes left to round off the win.
The goals were Griezmann's 55th and 56th in Primera División since joining Atlético in summer 2014, having also provided 15 league assists for Los Rojiblancos.
The pair of strikes left the 25-year-old on 12 goals in total in the Spanish top flight this term, of which three have come against Sunday's opponents.
On fire in front of goal in 2017
He also continued a great start to 2017: he now has 11 in 16 in all competitions since the turn of the year, a haul outdone in Spain by only Leo Messi (15).
Atlético back into fourth in the table
Atleti's triumph enabled them to reclaim fourth place from Real Sociedad, who had leapfrogged Diego Simeone's team by beating Real Betis on Friday.
Follow Barcelona vs Valencia coverage | LaLiga Santander
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash