Atleti target Muriel: "I have offers from Italy, Spain, England..."
Sampdoria's Colombia international Luis Muriel claims he is the subject of a series of offers and looks set to leave the Luigi Ferraris this summer.
Sampdoria and Colombia striker Luis Muriel is on Atlético Madrid’s watchlist and the 25-year-old is enjoying a stand-out season in Serie A, leading to scouts from across Europe running the rule over the player.
Atlético are among the clubs keeping tabs on Muriel, who confirmed in an interview with Colombian radio: “I have offers from Inter, Juventus, Milan, Roma, Spain and England.”
Muriel in form for Sampdoria
The Colombia international has scored 10 goals this season and provided nine assists in 28 games and has a minimum release clause in his contract of 28 million euros.
Muriel spent a season at Granada in 2010-11 before moving to Udinese. Sampdoria snapped him up for a fee of 12 million euros in 2015 and he scored six and gave seven assists in his debut season. Last weekend he scored the winning goal in the Genoa derby to cap a fine 2016-17 that has apparently alerted some of Europe’s top clubs to his ability.
Read the preview, follow the build-up and enjoy live coverage of Atlético vs Leverkusen with the team at AS English.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team