The Independet have published the first chapter of what could become a real saga involving David de Gea and Real Madrid. It seems that Manchester United fear that they will not be able to hold on to their number one shot stopper despite Jose Mourinho saying his former club would not go behind his back in signing the player. United, under Louis van Gall, repelled Real Madrid's advances two summers ago but that was down to a supposedly dodgy fax machine. They have even started to scout for the Spanish goalkeeper's replacement.
According to the Independent, Samir Handanovic is Manchester United's primary target to take over from the 26-year-old at Old Trafford. The Slovenian goalkeeper is the undisputed starter for Stefano Pioli's Inter Milan side. He has played 29 Serie A games this season, five in Europe and one Copa de Italiano, conceding 41 goals.
De Gea Alternatives
Donnarumma is another candidate to replace De Gea at United. Mina Raiola is his representative and he has a good relationship with the club having sent Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba there last season.
The pressure is mounting on Keylor Navas and he rumours continue to mount regarding his future at the club. De Gea himself has been coy about the future when asked about Real Madrid.
Follow live coverage of the Premier League clash between Manchester United and Chelsea where De Gea may be a key player.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys