Raúl will return to the Bernabéu next June, according to radio programme ‘El Transistor’. The former captain’s return will be in a role close to the club President, Florentino Pérez.
"Right now I work for La Liga, but I'm a Madrid fan"
Raúl himself also appeared on the show to outline his plans for the future: “If I return to Spain it’ll be to work for Real Madrid… Right now I work for La Liga, but I’m a Madrid fan. I hope that in the future I’ll be able to work in the club I have feelings for, Real Madrid.”
The striker, Real Madrid’s leading goal-scorer until Cristiano Ronaldo took the crown, also commented on the rivalry with Barcelona, stating that there has to be “a strong sporting rivalry” between the two.
Recently, Raúl has been based in the United States, and spoke of the “huge growth” of football across the Atlantic.
“There are new stadiums and great fans. All the time there are more pitches appearing, which are full practically the entire season. A lot of work is being done with youngsters in the academies, and that is key for the future.”
Follow the coverage match of the week 29 of the Liga Santander between: Real Madrid-Alavés
Follow Granada vs Barcelona live coverage | LaLiga Santander Week 29
Recommended in English
- NFL An Eagle no more: Brandon Brooks retires
- NFL Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all set to be named Vikings GM
- NFL NFL free agency 2022: the five best available quarterbacks
- NFC Chiefs injury report: Tyrann Mathieu in concussion protocol
- NBA Where did Kobe Bryant’s “Black Mamba” nickname originate?
- NBA Mourning Kobe Bryant: what's known about the helicopter crash?