Atlético's fine LaLiga form in 2017: one defeat in 16 games
Los Rojiblancos have found their feet at the right time of the domestic season, and their 11 wins, four draws and one defeat have seen them move ahead of Sevilla into third place.
In fine fettle
Atlético Madrid's league form in 2017 has been mightily impressive so far, with Simeone's men only losing once - to Barcelona at the Calderón - in 16 games. In those encounters they have managed 11 wins and four draws, against Athletic, Alavés, Deportivo and Real Madrid, winning 37 points out of a possible 48. This fine run has seen them wrestle third spot - one of their main aims at the start of the season - from the previously high-flying Sevilla, and the men from Manzanares also have a better goal average.
Big wins this calendar year
In 2017 Atlético have beaten Eibar, Betis, Leganés, Celta, Sporting, Valencia, Granada, Sevilla, Málaga, Real Sociedad and Osasuna - 33 points in the bag and key victories against some of their closest rivals such as Sevilla and Real Sociedad.
Points to be won
In the home straight of the season, Atlético have a run of eminently winnable games at the Calderón, against Villarreal, Eibar and Athletic Club, and trips to Espanyol, Las Palmas and Betis.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22