Gareth Bale returns to Real Madrid squad for Barcelona clash
Real coach Zinedine Zidane has named a 20-man squad for Sunday's LaLiga week 33 match against Barça at the Bernabéu (20:45 CEST).
Gareth Bale has returned to the Real Madrid squad for Sunday's LaLiga clash with arch rivals Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabéu (20:45 CEST).
Bale has missed Real's last two games due to a calf injury picked up in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final with Bayern Munich ten days ago.
However, he has completed Los Blancos' past three sessions since rejoining training on Thursday, and has been pushing hard to be back for El Clásico.
Zidane giving nothing away over inclusion in line-up
Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Real head coach Zinedine Zidane was cagey over the Welshman's chances of starting against Barça, telling reporters: "He will be with the squad. You'll see the team on Sunday."
Varane and Pepe unavailable, Coentrao and Mariano omitted
Defender Raphael Varane is not yet fit enough to return from a hamstring injury, while fellow centre-back Pepe remains out with a rib issue.
Left-back Fabio Coentrao and striker Mariano Díaz have also been left out of Zidane's 20-man group.
Real Madrid squad to play Barcelona:
Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla and Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo and Danilo.
Midfielders: Kroos, James, Casemiro, Kovacic, Modric, Asensio and Isco.
Forwards: Cristiano, Benzema, Bale, Vázquez and Morata.
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view