Ibrahimovic, Rojo: Manchester United confirm serious injuries
The Premier League club have confirmed that the pair suffered "significant knee ligament damage" against Anderlecht on Thursday.Manchester United v. Manchester City live online
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's season appears over after Manchester United announced he sustained a serious knee injury in Thursday's Europa League clash with Anderlecht.
The club revealed that both the 35-year-old Swedish striker and Argentinian defender Marco Rojo had suffered knee injuries in the same match.
Ibrahimovic, Rojo suffered "significant knee ligament damage"
"Detailed investigations on the injuries sustained by Marcos Rojo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic during Thursday's Europa League match have confirmed significant knee ligament damage in both players that requires specialist opinions over the coming days," read United's statement.
"Estimations of time to full recovery will only be possible once definitive treatment plans have been decided after these consultations."
Ibrahimovic has defied many doubters since joining on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain last year, scoring 28 goals and inspiring United to victory in the League Cup.
Rojo's injury is also a serious bodyblow to United's depleted resources at the back, with both England international central defenders Phil Jones and Chris Smalling expected to be out till mid May.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades