Inter’s 5-4 defeat to Fiorentina has placed the future of current coach Stefano Pioli in serious doubt.
Inter chase Simeone and Conte
The Inter ownership have decided to make every effort to gain the services of a world-class coach. At the top of their list, are Diego Simeone and Antonio Conte, of Atlético Madrid and Chelsea respectively.
Both tacticians are under contract at their clubs, which would complicate proceedings. In addition, Atlético and Chelsea are both flying high, higher than Inter. Atléti are in the Champions League semi-finals for the third time in the last four years. Chelsea, meanwhile, sit at the head of the Premier League, and will face Arsenal in the FA Cup final with a chance to ‘do the double’. As such, Inter would have to use their financial clout to lure either of the two coaches.
20 days to decide
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Suning Group, the owners of Inter, would be willing to offer Simeone or Conte a long-term contract: 5 years, with a pay packet of €11 million season.
La Gazzetta elaborated further that Simeone and Conte would have 20 days to decide whether they want to accept the offer. If both decline, Roma coach Luciano Spalletti would represent a cheaper alternative.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 24 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics