Leganés victory relegates Osasuna to the second division
Leganés 3-0 win over Las Palmas makes it mathematically impossible for the red team to survive and they return to the second division after a year in the top flight.
Osasuna have been mathematically relegated to the second division after they lost to Barcelona and Leganés beat Las Palmas to bring to an end a very short and not so sweet return to the top flight for the club. The Red Club have ended the doubt of whether they would go down after one of the worst seasons possible. It is the seventh relegation in their history.
Their return to the second division comes with four games left in the league this season and after picking up just 18 points in 34 games. They recorded just three victories, nine draws and 22 losses. Osasuna have been particularly poor at home. El Sadar, once a stronghold, was where they were worst. They won just one game at home against their executioners, Leganés on Aptil 9th.
The club have gone through three managers this seasons and not one of them could extract the very best from the team. None of Enrique Martin, Joaquín Caparrós or Petar Vasiljevic could figure out what was the best side to play as they have gone through 34 players this season, the most in LaLiga.
They have conceded the most goals in LaLiga for the last 60 years with 82 scored against them. The 18th of June 2016 seems like a long time ago when they were promoted after beating Girona 2-1 in El Sadar and 0-1 in Montilivi.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 26 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy