Excellent news for Atlético de Madrid ahead of Tuesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against Real Madrid. Yannick Carrasco joined the squad for Sunday's session in Majadahonda and trained without any problems. The Belgian winger was forced to retire early from the mid-week league meeting with Villarreal and was taken to hospital after the game. Tests detected a sprain to the acromioclavicular joint in his right shoulder, making his a serious doubt for tomorrow's game at the Bernabéu. However, he took part in yesterday's workout, exercising alongside the squad members who didn't start, or play in Saturday's win in Las Palmas. Carrasco has yet to be given the medical all-clear but could be given a clean bill of health by Atlético's medical team either today, or tomorrow morning. During Sunday's session, Carrasco completed the physical part of the workout and then put in some shooting practice without any discomfort to his shoulder.
Simeone's right-back headache
Elsewhere, Sime Vrsaljko was taken through his own recovery programme by physiotherapist Óscar Pitillas. The full-back fell injured in the meeting with Sevilla on 19 March and is close to making his return although still not back working with the group. Simeone has mounting problems in the right-back position with both of his regular full-backs Juanfran and Giménez out injured.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 30 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- Kane not at Spurs training? English media would have helicopters out if Pogba tried that – Ferdinand
- OLYMPIC GAMES | LONG JUMP Tokyo 2021: Upset Echevarria after long jump silver due to injury, US avoid first-time basketball shock
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Belarusian sprinter who refused to leave Tokyo is now "safe"
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER How many Olympic medals did Mia Hamm win?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles will return for Team USA for balance beam final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe admits USA "didn't have that juice" after shock Canada defeat