Floyd Mayweather is in the midst of negotiating a mega-fight with Conor McGregor that could bring another $100million dollars to his name, more than enough money to make any of his wildest dreams come true - including, perhaps, buying an NBA team.
Mayweather met with Los Angeles Lakers great and current president of basketball operations Magic Johnson on Thursday in LA and the two apparently talked about NBA ownership.
"It's about time for me to buy an NBA team, if you're ready to sell your NBA team, please get in touch with me," Mayweather wrote on Twitter.
According to Forbes, Mayweather is worth $340million, which would make him one of the poorer NBA owners since 20 of the teams are owned by billionaires.
If Mayweather is serious about making a bid for an NBA team, he will likely have to team up with another financial partner, as Derek Jeter is doing in working with Jeb Bush and others in a bid to buy the MLB's Miami Marlins.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22