Sampaoli left feeling short-changed after draw
Sevilla's coach felt his side deesrved more from Friday's draw against a 10-man Real Sociedad. "It's a shame we didn't win after creating so many chances".
Sevilla coach Jorge Sampaoli felt his side deserved to take more than a point from Friday's game against Real Sociedad, telling reporters afterwards, "It's a shame we didn't win after creating so many chances".
Sampaoli reflects on draw against Real Sociedad
Thoughts on the result: This was a very important game for us. There were several moments during the game when we were dominating play - La Real had the upper hand only for seven or eight minutes and the rest of the time we had the match under control. But we couldn't create a great deal of chances despite dominating possession. The team went in search of victory right up until the final second but it wasn't to be.
Mistakes at the back: Football has a lot to do with how many goals you score... If you are telling me about two chances which our rivals had, I'll tell you about the nine or 10 chances we created. If we had put 30% of those chances away, the game would have been over much earlier. Málaga last week and Real Sociedad were more demanding than us. We dominated play but didn't capitalise on our chances.
Sevilla's battle to dislodge Atlético from third place
Third place: It's going to be very difficult but that's one of the reasons we are playing like we are. We are playing street football, putting in a huge amoubnt of effort. What hurts most is gaining such a small reward after striving so hard. It's real shame that after creating so many chances we couldn't win the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...