Maradona set to coach UAE second tier side Al-Fujairah SC
Diego Maradona is set for a return to coaching after Al-Fujairah SC confirmed the Argentinean would be the new coach of the UAE Division One outfit.
Diego Maradona is back on the bench! The legendary Argentine player has reached an agreement with United Arab Emirates side Al Fujairah who play in the second tier of the domestic league.
Maradona hasn't coached in the past five years with his last post being boss at Al Wasl, another UAE football club (his place of residence). "El Diego" previously held coaching positions with the Argentine national team from 20085-12010 along with domestic outfits in his native Argentina, Racing de Avellaneda in 1995 and Mandiyú de Corrientes (1994).
Maradona is currently working as a FIFA ambassador and maintains a positive relationship with FIFA boss Infantino. The 56 year old plans to maintain his ambassadorial position and combine it with the new coaching role at the UAE based club
Despite his recent claims that he'd like to take over as SSC Napoli head coach the second tier of Emirates football is the next stop for Diego as he replaces Egyptian Tarek Mostafa, dismissed after only securing a fourth place in the final standings.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes