Bojan Krkic saved his best performance of the season for when Mainz 05 needed him most - the Spanish forward played a key role in the team's relegation dogfight against Eintracht Frankfurt, speaheading a stunning comeback to win the match 4-2 which ensures that the Die Nullfünfer are now safe from the drop in the Bundesliga.
Bojan pulls out all the stops in mesmerizing Mainz display
In Germany, the press have been full of praise for Bojan this morning, decsribing his display as “the best we've seen” since his arrival on loan from Stoke City in the winter transfer window. Eurosport included him in their star XI of the weekend, making a special note of his superb assist for the team's third goal and his imposing presence in attack. Bild cheers Bojan's “all-powerful” game and describes his cross to Yoshinori Muto who made it 3-2 as "simply brilliant".
"Fantastic experience, amazing supporters" says Bojan
Bojan said he was happy with his input, and told reporters after the game: “I am really happy to have been here for such a fantastic experience and celebrate the win and our survival with our great supporters”. Back in April, Bojan made the headlines when he became the first Spanish player in history to have scored in all four of Europe's major leagues after putting the ball away against Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery