Time-trial masterclass earns Dumoulin Giro lead
Tom Dumoulin blew the field away in the time trial following a rest day, opening up an overall lead of two minutes and 23 seconds.
Tom Dumoulin surged into the Giro d'Italia general classification lead with a blistering time-trial win and Geraint Thomas finished second just two days after a police motorbike dealt a huge blow to his title hopes.
Dumoulin produces incredible time-trial
Dumoulin started Tuesday's 10th stage 24 seconds adrift of Nairo Quintana, who took the Maglia Rosa two days earlier with a victory on stage nine.
But Team Sunweb rider Dumoulin produced a time-trial exhibition on the 39.8 kilometre route from Foligno to Montefalco to take the pink jersey.
Quintana loses pink jersey
The 26-year-old from the Netherlands was in a class of his own, clocking 50:37 to open up an advantage of two minutes and 23 seconds over Quintana, who was 2:53 slower than the new leader to finish back in 23rd.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother