Thomas back on bike after Giro crash
Team Sky described Geraint Thomas' return to training as "Monday motivation" as he put a stage-nine crash at the Giro d'Italia behind him.
Geraint Thomas was back on the bike on Monday following the Team Sky rider's heavy crash on stage nine of the Giro d'Italia, which looks to have ended his general classification hopes.
Thomas scuppered by crash
The Briton was well in contention at the Grand Tour, sitting second overall ahead of Sunday's stage, but a pile-up caused by a stray police motorbike dealt a major blow to his ambitions in Italy.
Team Sunweb's Wilco Kelderman was the man who actually collided with the vehicle, but he then took out Thomas and his Sky team-mate Mikel Landa, as well as Adam Yates.
Giro crash cost 5 minutes
It cost Thomas around five minutes and he could barely contain his anger afterwards, but the 30-year-old put the matter behind him on Monday as he took to his bike on the Giro's rest day ahead of the time trial on stage 10.
Colombian cyclist Nairo Quintana is currently in the lead, with a 28-second advantage over second-placed Pinot.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool