Atlético plan to steal a march on Sandro Ramírez signing
Although the club is awaiting a decision from the CAS over transfer ban, Diego Simeone wants to tie up a deal for the in-form Málaga striker.
Although Atlético are awaiting a decision on the club’s Fifa-imposed transfer by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, the Rojiblancos are eager to make sure that none of their priority transfer targets are pinched from under their noses.
Simeone keen to get deals done early despite CAS wait
After Lyon and France striker Alexandre Lacazette was given permission to speak to Atlético, Diego Simeone is now keen to come to an arrangement with Málaga over the signing of Sandro Ramírez. The player’s agent, Ginés Carvajal, was at the Calderón during Atlético’s victory over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday to discuss the finer points on a potential deal, even though Atlético do not yet know if they will be able to register players this summer pending the CAS’ ruling, or if they will have wait until January, as was the case with Barcelona under a similar ban that saw Arda Turan sit out six months of domestic competition after his transfer from Atlético to Camp Nou two seasons ago.
Premier League interest in Sandro
Atlético face competition from the Premier League for Sandro, who moved to Málaga last summer on a free transfer from Barcelona. The player’s minimum release clause stands at just six million euros, which has excited the interest of a number of clubs in Spain and further afield.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics