Cerezo: "I don't think anybody will pay Griezmann's release clause"
The president of Atletico Madrid analysed the Griezmann situation on Radio RMC and said that there has been no approach from Manchester United.
Enrique Cerezo was on Radio RMC to analyse the Antoine Griezmann to Manchester United rumours and situation. The Atletico Madrid striker has been talking openly recently about his willingness to leave the club and touting Manchester United as a possible landing spot.
"I don't think anybody will pay Griezmann's clause (€100 million). There has been no approach from Manchester United and nobody has offered to pay the clause and I don't think anyone will," said the rojiblancos president.
Cerezo says, "The situation is that Antoine Griezmann is an Atletico Madrid player and he has a contract until 2021. Never has he told me that he wants to leave. I am not surprised by his statements when every day of the last few months, journalists ask him the same question. I believe he feels a little annoyed to have to always respond with the same when everyone knows the situation."
In addition, Cerezo confirmed that Andrea Berta will continue at Atletico despite interest from PSG. The French club offered €14 million for the sporting director but Angel Gil Marin convinced the Italian to continue with the club with the aim of following Simeone in a new project in the club's new stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries