Sergio Garcia, Jon Rahm in contention at Colonial
A group of four lead the Dean & DeLuca Invitational, but the experienced Spaniard, Sergio Garcia, and his young compatriot, Jon Rahm, are lurking.
Sergio Garcia and Jon Rahm are in contention at the halfway mark of the Dean & DeLuca Invitational.
Spanish friends Garcia and Rahm start well
The Spaniards sit at five under at Colonial, a shot off the lead, after impressive starts to the PGA Tour event. Playing together, Garcia carded a four-under 66 on Friday and Rahm shot a 69 to back up his opening-round 66.
The duo are behind Webb Simpson (66), Kevin Kisner (67), Danny Lee (64) and Scott Piercy (66), who are tied for the lead at six under.
"It's been a fun couple of days," Masters champion Garcia told Golf Channel following Friday's round.
"Obviously we get along great and are good friends. For me, it's awesome to have another Spaniard playing well, and doing great like [Rahm] is doing. Anything that helps Spanish golf and Spanish sports is welcome in my house."
Rahm struggled to get anything going Friday, recording one bogey and 15 pars through his first 16 holes.
But he figured things out late with birdies on his last two holes to get within one of the lead.
Alongside Garcia and Rahm in a tie for fifth are Paul Casey (66) and Sean O'Hair (68).
Searching for form, defending champion Jordan Spieth remains in with a chance after a two-under 68 left him in a tie for 11th.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher