Neymar equals Puskas' record in Copa del Rey final
In scoring in a third consecutive Copa del Rey final, Neymar became the first man to do so since Ferenc Puskas in the 1960s.
Neymar scored Barcelona's second goal in a Copa del Rey-clinching 3-1 win over Alaves on Saturday, becoming the first player to score in three consecutive finals since Real Madrid great Ferenc Puskas.
Barcelona have won three Copas del Rey in a row
Barca beat Athletic Bilbao in 2015 and Sevilla in 2016 to clinch back-to-back titles, with Brazil international Neymar netting in both games.
And as they collected a third straight Copa, Neymar was again on the scoresheet, putting Barca 2-1 up at the Vicente Calderon after Theo Hernandez had cancelled out Lionel Messi's opener.
Real Madrid's Puskas the last man to achieve the feat
The last player to score in three consecutive finals was Madrid's Puskas, between 1960 and 1962, although his side twice lost to rivals Atletico Madrid before beating Sevilla.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In