Official: Juan Carlos Unzue appointed Celta Vigo coach
Luis Enrique's former assistant at Barcelona has signed a two-year contract with the Galician club. He takes over from Eduardo Berizzo, who has joined Sevilla.
Juan Carlos Unzue has been appointed coach at Celta de Vigo, the Galician club confirmed in a statement on their web page on Sunday evening.
Unzue commits to Celta for two seasons
Just as AS reported yesterday, Unzue, who up until Saturday was Luis Enrique's assistant at Barcelona, has signed a two-year contract with the Galician club. He will be accompanied by his right-hand man Robert Moreno, fitness trainer Rafel Prol and psychologist Joaquín Valdés - all of whom worked alongside Luis Enrique during his stint at Celta.
Celta now have a substitute for Eduardo Berizzo, who will be taking over from Jorge Sampaoli at Sevilla after guiding the Celestes to the semi-finals of the Europa League and the Copa del Rey.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"