Totti could've played for any big club – Ramos hails Roma great
An all-time great, Francesco Totti could have played anywhere according to Sergio Ramos.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos lauded Francesco Totti as one of the best of all-time and feels the Roma great could have played for any of the world's biggest clubs.
Francesco Totti, the Roma legend
Totti, 40, made an emotional final appearance for the Serie A giants on Sunday, coming off the bench in a dramatic 3-2 win over Genoa.
Ramos believes Totti, a World Cup winner with Italy who has spent his entire career at Roma but is not yet ready to retire, was capable of featuring for any top club.
Sergio Ramos hails Roma's Totti
"I think Totti would've had no problem playing in another big club," Ramos said in a video posted by Roma. "He's a born hitman and great players always find a way to fit into a team.
"When the list is made of the all-time best players, Totti will certainly be in there. I really believe he will be remembered as one of the greats."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In