Decision on Atletico's transfer ban appeal delayed until Thursday
They have already communicated it to the club and will not reveal their verdict until Thursday as Atletico wait nervously to unveil their summer transfer plans.
The court of arbitration (TAS) announced that it will not reveal the decision on Atletico Madrid's transfer ban appeal until Thursday. The announcement was supposed to happen on Wednesday but TAS relayed the delay to the club on Wednesday afternoon.
The committee of control and discipline for UEFA imposed a ban that would span two transfer windows, which means the club can sign but not register players for two transfer periods, for the signing of underage players.
If TAS do reject their appeal, Atletico can still sign players but they would not be allowed to register them until January. This would mean that Atletico would recover many of their players who were sent on loan in an effort to bulk up their squad for the coming season.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher