Arsenal's Bellerín takes transfer focus of Barcelona media
The speedy Arsenal full back was the face of the Catalan press on Tuesday although there is an appreciation that manager Arsene Wenger will not make it easy for him to leave.
In terms of strengthening the Barcelona full back positions, Arsenal's Héctor Bellerín is target number one. This is according to the Catalan press who had the young star on their front covers on Tuesday morning.
Objective return Bellerín to Barcelona
With his early development starting in his birth-place Barcelona, before being taken to north London in 2011, there is a strong desire to bring him back. Those involved in the potential transfer plan, however, know that Gunners' manager, Arsene Wenger, and the directors at the Premier League club, will not make it a simple procedure, with the Spaniard showing so much potential at the Emirates Stadium.
Both papers Mundo Deportivo and Sport led with this story with Mundo stating that there was a "meeting last Thursday between Bartomeu , Robert and Raül Sanllehí [Barça president and directors] with the footballer's agents". They also highlighted words from the defender himself in a recent interview where he said, "this summer lots can happen".
Bellerín delighted with Barça interest
Sport, for their part, chose also to quote Bellerín who was speaking while away with the Spanish national squad this week.
"I'm delighted that the best in the world is showing interest in me," he said, before going on to talk about the new manager at the Camp Nou, Ernesto Valverde, "He likes good football and will be a great coach for Barça."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes