A Bola: Jeremy Mathieu in Lisbon to undergo Sporting medical
The French defender arrived in Portugal on Monday, and Jorge Jesús is eager to secure his signature quickly amid interest from Fenerbahçe and Marseille.
According to Portuguese publication A Bola, Jeremy Mathieu will touch down in Lisbon on Monday to undergo a medical at Sporting de Portugal.
Mathieu also wanted by Fenerbahçe, Marseille
The club intend to secure the Barcelona defender’s signature as soon as possible, in anticipation of offers from Fenerbahçe and Marseille. Sporting, managed by Jorge Jesús, have had their eyes on the Frenchman for a couple of months.
Mathieu, who will turn 34 years old in October, is not in the plans of Ernesto Valverde, the new boss at Camp Nou. It is unknown as to whether Barcelona would demand a fee for the player.
Barcelona may opt for Marlon
His departure also raises the question of how Barça will go about supplementing the left side of defence. They may enter the transfer market in search of cover for Jordi Alba, or place confidence in young Brazilian in Marlon, who is more at home in the centre of defence.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play