Alexander Barboza: River Plate try to retain Depor target
Los Millonarios will offer Barboza a new contract in an attempt to fight off Deportivo, after Marcelo Gallardo had a change of heart on the 22-year-old defender.
River Plate will open contract negotiations with Alexander Barboza in an attempt to keep the Deportivo target in Argentina.
River complete Barboza U-turn
The defender had a spell on loan at Defensa y Justicia last season in search of game time. Back at El Monumental, Barboza was way down Marcelo Gallardo’s pecking order. Yet Gallardo appears to have opened the door to a return for the 22-year-old. On Friday, he stated that “Barboza is going to have the chance to be part of the squad and fight for a place”.
River Plate’s sporting director, Enzo Francescoli, has informed Barboza’s agent that the defender is part of the club’s plans for the coming season. As things stand, he will report for duty when the squad reconvene on July 16.
Los Millonarios are planning to extend Barboza’s contract, which only has one year to run, and will also increase his release clause. After impressive performances at Defensa y Justicia, Barboza’s parent club are well aware of his potential.
Deportivo remain confident
Barboza’s re-entry in to the fold at River Plate threatens Deportivo’s attempts to lure the player across the Atlantic. The Galician club had already agreed a four-year deal with Barboza. That said, the Depor board are confident that their target will stand firm and not sign a new deal at River. The way they see it, River are obliged to offer a new deal, given that the player stands to leave for free at the end of next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?