Bartra: Manchester United boss Mourinho eyeing Dortmund man
United are thought to be preparing a move for Borussia Dortmund's Marc Bartra, who joined the Bundesliga side from Barça a year agoChampions League semi-final draw: live online
Manchester United manager José Mourinho is believed to be keen on securing the close-season capture of Borussia Dortmund central defender Marc Bartra.
Mourinho feels Bartra would be ideal Man United fit
With Mourinho said to view Bartra as a player who would fit perfectly into his squad, the Red Devils are understood to be readying a swoop for the Spaniard.
The Barcelona youth product - who had joined the Catalans aged 11 - moved to Dortmund in June 2016, establishing himself as a regular at the Bundesliga outfit.
However, Bartra's first term in Germany was curtailed by a broken wrist suffered in a bomb attack on Dortmund's team bus before a Champions League tie in April.
In total, the 26-year-old Spain international, capped 12 times by La Roja, made 31 Dortmund appearances in the 2016/17 campaign, scoring one goal.
Lindelof already signed up by Premier League club
Bartra would not be United's first defensive recruit of the summer, with Swedish centre-back Victor Lindelof having completed a switch to Old Trafford in June.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops