John Terry: Aston Villa sign former Chelsea captain
The central defender, 36, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal at Villa Park, declaring: "It's a club I have admired from afar for many years".
Former Chelsea and England captain John Terry has signed for Aston Villa on a free transfer, penning a one-year contract with the Championship side.
Terry, who left Premier League winners Chelsea at the end of last season after 22 trophy-laden years at Stamford Bridge, is reported to have agreed a weekly salary of £60,000 (68,300 euros) with Villa.
Terry "cant wait to get started" after completing Villa transfer
"I am delighted to join Aston Villa," the defender, 36, told the club's official website.
"It's a club I have admired from afar for many years - Villa Park is one of the finest stadiums in the country and there's a good group of players here, with an experienced and successful manager in Steve Bruce.
"I can't wait to get started now and look to help the squad achieve something special this season."
Terry is set to fly out to Portugal to join up with Villa's pre-season training, before the new campaign begins at home to Hull City, Bruce's former club, on 5 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds