Yuri Berchiche joins Paris Saint-Germain on a five-year deal
Real Sociedad and PSG official announced the transfer of the left-back. Yuri was given permission to travel to the French capital for a medical yesterday.
Real Sociedad and Paris Saint-Germain both announced the transfer of Yuri Berchiche who joins the French club on a five-year contract. The left-back was granted permission by La Real yesterday to fly out to Paris to undergo a medical revision which he successfully passed before signing a contract with Unai Emery's side until 2022.
Real Sociedad thank Yuri for his professional conduct
Real Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay admitted in yesterday's press conference that the club had received several offers for the full-back - the biggest of which, believed to be for 15 million euros, was from PSG. The Basque club issued a statement thankimng the player "for his professional conduct and dedication. We wish Yuri the very best in all of his future ventures".
Yuri, who spent several seasons out on loan at Real Unión and Eibar before returning to Real Sociedad in 2014, only locked down the left-back slot last season after sharing the position with Héctor, Bruma and on ocassion, Sanse's Kevin Rodríguez, who is set for a more prominent role with Héctor loaned out at Alavés this season.
Yuri is the first signing by PSG's new Director of Football Antero Henrique, who is tweaking the squad for the new campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands