Record-breaking transfers in the Premier League and beyond
Romelu Lukaku's immenent transfer from Everton to Manchester United for a reported 80 million euros is set to to smash the transfer record between English clubs.
After it was reported on Saturday that Romelu Lukaku is set to sign for Manchester United from Everton for a record-breaking 80 million euros, subject to passing a medical and agreeing personal terms, we take a look at some of the biggest bank-breaking deals, both in the Premier League and in Europe.
1. €105m - Paul Pogba (FRA). Juventus (ITA) to Manchester United (ENG), 2016
2. €100m - Gareth Bale (WAL). Tottenham Hotspur (ENG) to Real Madrid (ESP), 2013
3. £94m - Cristiano Ronaldo (POR). Manchester United (ENG) to Real Madrid (ESP), 2009
4. €90m - Gonzalo Higuaín (ARG). Napoli (ITA) to Juventus (ITA), 2016
5. €82m - Luis Suárez (URU). Liverpool (ENG) to Barcelona (ESP), 2014
6. £80m - Romelu Lukaku (BEL). Everton (ENG) to Manchester United (ENG), 2017.
Inter British club transfers
1. €80m - Romelu Lukaku (BEL). Everton to Manchester United, 2017.
2. €68m - Raheem Sterling (ENG). Liverpool to Manchester City, 2015
2. €58m - Fernando Torres (ESP). Liverpool to Chelsea, 2011
3. €56m - John Stones (ENG). Everton to Manchester City, 2016
5. €46m - Juan Mata (ESP). Chelsea to Manchester United, 2014
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?