Jesé on Fiorentina's radar
The Italian club are reportedly after the striker from the Canary Islands and Gio Simeone to cover the likely departures of Kalinic to AC Milan and Bernardeschi to Juventus.
Former Real Madrid striker Jesé could have a new home next season: Fiorentina. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian club are looking to recalibrate their strikeforce with the likely departures of Kalinic to AC Milán and Bernardeschi to Juventus, with Gio Simeone also targeted to bolster their front line.
La Gazzetta reported that Fiorentina will table a bid for the striker from the Canary Islands and are looking for a loan deal with the option to buy the player.
Jesé swapped Madrid for Paris St Germain in the summer of 2016 to ensure more game-time. However, opportunities were scarce under Unai Emery, and the Spanish forward only played 368 minutes in 14 games. Subsequently, the limited impact he made saw him loaned out to Las Palmas, where he scored 3 goals in 16 appearances, and his performances also failed to impress, with Los Pío-Pío deciding not to seek a new deal for this coming campaign.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass