Bottas beats Vettel, Hamilton comes home fourth in Spielberg
Valtteri Bottas posted a second career victory on Sunday when he won the Austrian Grand Prix for Mercedes ahead of leader Sebastian Vettel.
Valtteri Bottas roared to the second win of his career on Sunday when he took the Austrian Grand Prix for Mercedes ahead of championship leader, Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel.
Vettel extends lead over Lewis Hamilton
The Finn, in his first season with Mercedes after replacing 2016 champion Nico Rosberg, came home 0.658 seconds clear of Vettel who increased his lead ahead of Lewis Hamilton in the drivers’ championship to 20 points.
Hamilton, in the second Mercedes, did his utmost to grab a podium finish after starting from eighth on the grid, but had to settle for fourth behind Australian Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull. For Ricciardo, on his team's 'home' Red Bull Ring circuit in Spielberg, it was a fifth consecutive podium finish and the 22nd of his career.
Vettel now leads the drivers’ championship with 171 points ahead of Hamilton on 151 and Bottas on 136, while in the constructors title race Mercedes lead with 287 ahead of Ferrari on 254. Kimi Raikkonen, the 2007 champion, crossed the line fifth in the second Ferrari ahead of Romain Grosjean, the two Force Indias of Mexican Sergio Pérez and Frenchman Esteban Ocon.
Felipe Massa and his Williams team mate Canadian teenager Lance Stroll finished ninth and 10th after starting 17th and 18th on the grid.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash